Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to School



MK's thoughts on the boys going back to school...

School began yesterday for the boys. Colin and Pryce did not miss a beat when they walked into the school to begin their third grade and kindergarten year. Fortunately, we were all smiles! Pryce's only concern was about naptime. He kept asking me if I was sure he was going to have to rest at school. I said yes. He said "awe, man, it is supposed to be a special day." I had to take a picture of Pryce this morning as he got ready for school. Yesterday he came into our bathroom to do the whole morning routine of brushing teeth, brushing hair, etc. He came in, grabbed a brush, brushed all of his hair straight down and then proceeded to place a "part" in his bangs. After he finished, he looked at himself in the mirror, smiled at his "do", said "perfect" and proceeded to get his shoes on. I thought it was just a one time thing. It wasn't. Apparently, he has decided that the "part" is cool and he spent quite sometime in front of the mirror once again styling his hair this morning. Colin, too, is into this whole "looking cool" thing. I pulled out some new shorts for his first day of school, he put them on and announced that "these are what the cool guys wear....now I look cool". I said "don't you think you dress cool all the time?"...."no" was his reply. Sigh. I am truly missing the boys. They were very entertaining to me this summer as I watched them create the most fantastic stories and games out of nothing. The best part was that they worked together and enjoyed their time being brothers. To see them want to be together is very rewarding to me. For the record, though, I must state that they do have their moments of madness, those moments where you just throw your hands up and wonder what in the world has gotten into them.

As for Mason-Kate, she will begin a Mother's Day Out program next week. We are just hoping that she behaves and doesn't knock someone out :) She has quite the throw coupled with very little aim when toys are in her hand! She has recently begun playing the "recorder" musical instrument, her latest word that we understand is "boom", she is blowing bubbles in the pool and we are teaching her how to go down the stairs in our home. She continues to be such a cutie!

Pryce and his new teacher



MK doing her best belly jiggle



Pryce's "cool" do



Are we done yet?



Back Home!


No comments: