Friday, May 16, 2008

The Unsolicited Wake-Up Call

Literally speaking we received a wake up call this morning around 5:40ish....Ryan had left for work and as I did my normal computer stuff in the morning, the phone rang....it was Ryan. I knew it could not be good as he never calls me before 9:30am unless there is something really important he needs to tell me. So, I answered the phone and heard Ryan's voice cracking as he told me he had fallen asleep on his way to work, ran into the median on I-20 and "rode the cable" to a stop....thank God for the cable! Ryan, thankfully, is fine...not a bruise, scratch or anything in between. The car, however, is done. I do not have to say that this could not have come at a worse time. Then again, when does anything bad happen at a good time? A big thank you to our friends, the Coopers! They came to the rescue once again without batting an eye. My advice to others who are going to endure any surgery with your child, get some sleep....we realized when it was too late that we should of had a plan on how to make sure we each got rest....To end this post on a positive note, Mason-Kate is walking more and more each day! Yippee (I think) for that!

4 comments:

Allison said...

OH MY GOD! I'm so glad he's ok!!! SO SCARY!

M said...

Wow! How awful! We're so glad to hear he's ok and that MK made it through her surgery. We certainly hope she's feeling better, and we'll keep track of her progress. We loved reading your comments while we were in China. We'll definitely be visiting the grandparents in SC as often as possible, so let's try to get together sometime. All the best to your family. Mara, Kevin and David

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz, please take care of yourself, too! I'm so glad you're OK. Love ya!
D

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Can't imagine how sacry that was for all of you!.. Yes, we often think we "can handle" functioning on little or no sleep, but in reality, it takes a toll -- gotta get to bed!!! Glad he is OK -- the car? Hate that....