Sunday, May 18, 2008

Come Monday....

I am having to divert myself back to an old classic choice of songs to get me through today....Jimmy Buffet hopefully knows what he is talking about when he says that "come Monday it will be alright...." There is an old wives tale out there that states that bad things normally happen in threes....for us, we hope it stops at three! Actually our first "bad" event was the surgery....we expected this to be rough and it was. Second, the car accident....not expected and quite depressing. Third, we have come to the conclusion that MK has a hole, or fistula, in her repair. UGHHH!!! Very disappointing! We haven't been able to see it but we know it is there....too much evidence. So, yes, MK will be going through surgery this time next year to repair the repair....dreadful. Alas, though, tomorrow is Monday and it will be alright. I keep reminding myself that it could be a whole lot worse....Mason-Kate is going to be alright and so are we. We celebrated our 2 month Gotcha Day anniverary yesterday and I can't imagine what life was like without her. She is a cutie and through all of the tears that have been shed this week, she has grown so much more attached to us and trusting to us as well. Now, on a funny note to end, Colin never ceases to amaze us with what he has to say.....for those of you who don't know Colin, he is a very intelligent child and extremely literal. Ryan took the boys to church this morning while Mason-Kate slept and I caught up on things around the house. Our church is a contemporary church service and very casual....no suits, or not many. Well, after church Ryan had to make a stop by Lowes (imagine). There was a man dressed in a dark suit checking out in front of them. Colin motioned to Ryan to put his ear down so he could talk to him....Colin whispered "Hey Dad, is that the President?" Oddly enough, Ryan said that our sermon today was about generational differences :)


Hey, let me see.....




Unlike mom and dad, MK has had no problems catching up on sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really a bummer, and we feel your pain as it happened with us also. Hold onto the positive thoughts, it will work out!
Deb in Omaha

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that she will have to have another surgery. I can't wait to meet her. I know she and Emerson will have a lot of fun playing together. Thanks for letting us tag along.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Nancy just gave me your web address, so I'm looking forward to hearing all of the latest news. MK is a beautiful child, and I can't wait to see her in person. I can't believe how big the boys are! My thoughts and prayers are with all of your family. Tell Ryan how happy I am that he is okay after his accident. I think of you often. Love you all. Annette