Sunday, December 31, 2023
















 January 26, 2023 my daddy turned 80 years old.  80 years of Butch Tisdale, a man like no other.  He is a gem to all who know him. Many admire him and strive to be like him.  He's always been a favorite of mine, one that I looked for in a crowd, and one that I treasured throughout my life and still do on this day.  We gathered together with some of dad's best friends and family.  He was smiling from the time he arrived until well after the celebration ended.  All four of his siblings were present and seeing them all together was a treat.  



The day each year when Ryan turns as old as I am.  I am 3 1/2 months older than Ryan and it makes him so happy....too happy!  He tells me often that he will never be as old as I am :/  But, it's fine.  We wished him a happy birthday complete with a wonderful meal and some crazy good gifts.














Other happenings in January included MK turning SIXTEEN!  So crazy that our baby girl is 16!  She wanted to go to dinner with her friends - and games at home.  MK has been blessed with wonderful friendships since she entered school in third grade.  The same friends, plus a few new friends, showered her with all things MK on her special day.  Following celebrations for MK, Maddox and Maryn (and myself) took off to the first dance convention of the 2023 season.  After a fun weekend with dance family, we came home and promptly tested positive for the ever dreaded Covid.  Alas, it was short lived and much like a bad cold so we weren't down too long.  I joined my sister for her three month scans...never a fun day as it is always full of anxiety.  However, following most of her appointments, we try to make the best of it and dine somewhere together.  And, lastly, Maryn and Chapman chose our new pet bunny, a gift given to them for Christmas by my parents.  One year later and I can still say we love the bunny who still does not have a name.


No comments: