Thursday, June 24, 2021

May has been full of end of school celebrations!  
Chapman finished a year of half-day Kindergarten with two of the absolute best teachers (and super special friends of mine!).  She has grown so much this year.....to go from not being able to trace simple letters to being able to copy sentences legibly - leaps and bounds!  It has been a year of growth for her and for me.  She is the smartest little thing!  
Mother's Day was celebrated on the river in kayaks....so fun to be surrounded by my people.  Unfortunately Colin was not with us....there was a stomach bug looming in our home and we all know how he feels about stomach bugs!  He chose to stay at school and then headed to a BCM planning retreat at the lake to plan for next year.  Some things never will change....Colin has always been a man of few words but, like his father, when he does speak, you listen.  Mother's Day came and went....and Monday came.  As I sat in my car at dance for the girls, I opened a text from Colin that read, "Injury sustained.  Severity unknown".....what?!?!?  If you know me, you know I went south quick.....I was shaking thinking he had been in a horrible accident and someone was trying to tell me he needed help!  Ugh.  So, I called his number.  Nothing.  Texted him frantically.  Nothing.  Called Ryan.  Nothing.  FINALLY, after I have lost all of my cool thinking the worst, he texts.....he was playing basketball, landed wrong and his ankle was not feeling well....but he finished the game!  After two days of retreating and a day of job interviews, he went to the doctor and turns out, his foot was broken!  
Pryce finished his Senior high school year!  How in the world my baby boy grew up so fast is beyond me!  He was just running circles around me yesterday!  I am so proud of him.....we all are!  His senior year was able to go on as usual despite the pandemic.  He passed his CNA course with flying colors and is now a certified CNA.  He was given the opportunity to do clinicals in a local rehab facility.  He chose to play golf for school vs baseball....he is loving golf!  Football was everything he dreamed....tho he did get thrown out of a game - what?!?! Story for another day that we are all still shocked by, lol....totally a bust but fun story all the same.  Love him!
And MK....our high honors girl!  She makes us proud in everything she pursues. 



















 

No comments: