Thursday, May 17, 2018

California Day Five

On this day, we made our way down the PCH - Pacific Coast Highway
 Our original plan was to take the PCH from San Francisco to LA but that plan had to be altered when we learned that a portion of the PCH was closed due to a bridge outage.  
 So, we drove for Monterey to Big Sur on the PCH
 And we took our time stopping and allowing ourselves to be in awe of God's beautiful creations before us.  This drive is fabulous, so beautiful in many ways and just breathtaking....
 Ryan and I did this trip many moons ago BUT we timed it wrong and ended up driving the best views at night - ugh.
 It was much better this time around surrounded by our kiddos and it was early in the day with no fog to leave us wondering what we were missing.
 We managed to make a stop by a local campground in Big Sur.  Two of my father's siblings and their families were staying there for a few days and we got to crash that party for a bit to spend a moment with them!  
 When I was growing up, I used to visit California - many summers I spent with my Uncle Randy and Aunt Kit and my three cousins, Ryan, John and Matthew.  Lots of great memories.  My Aunt Nancy, Uncle Ken and cousin Derek joined us a few times as well....I have always loved each of them dearly!  
 Big Sur is peaceful and a nature-lover's dream come true.  The children loved playing in the stream.
Ryan reminded me often to keep my eyes on the road....
and MK kept right on dancing!
Two of my most favorite people ever....my Aunt Nancy and my Uncle Randy, both are my dad's siblings and both make me laugh and smile each time I am honored to be with them...
The California coast is always worth a drive and I would recommend it to anyone....it's just beautiful.
The bigs
and more bigs....Ryan was scared stiff to allow them even this close to the edge....
and add Maryn into the picture and that led Ryan to the car....he has a fear of heights....
We all took it in and enjoyed the views....
and then we were on our merry way headed south for the remainder of our trip!
We drove Highway 101 which wasn't all on the coast but it was a great ride through the mountains and backcountry of California.

No comments: