Sunday, December 3, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

This year I was especially thankful for have all SIX of my babies under one roof, all day, everyday for one whole week!  It has been a transition for all of us....school for everyone means less time together as a family SO the times that we are together are extra special.  Thanksgiving week was one of those times and I was in my element!
 We began our week with breakfast at our favorite breakfast restaurant, Sunrise Grille.  Then we were off to deliver goodies to a few of our favorites just to show our thanks to them!
 Next up was a Target trip....it is a rare event to have all six in the red store at one time....
 each day we watched a movie together snuggled on the couch....
 we slept late, we cooked our favorite foods, we stayed up a bit late....
 the big girls and I held a Matilda Jane Cookie Decorating event on Tuesday....it was great fun watching my girls serve others and also enjoy a little decorating themselves.  
 The boys took every moment of rest and relaxation to heart....they were beyond excited to sleep in, throw the football together, play the XBox and just hang out....
 One of my goals for the week was to get a picture of the children for Christmas cards...
 after finally deciding what they would wear, we had a date one afternoon to snap a few shots....
 the outtakes always seem to be my favorites because they show more of what our life is really like....
we have two level-headed teenage boys, two level-headed middle girls, and two "we are not sure what will occur next with these two" little girls.... they are the life of our party and the pics tell it all.
 My fabulous six.
 there are days when I feel very overwhelmed and inadequate to be the best mom to each of them....
 and then there are the days that I can't get enough and wish for time to stand still.  
 Our Thanksgiving this year did not look like previous years.  We had plans to be with family on the farm and then more family time in SC.  
 Not even 30 minutes after these sweet photos were taken, my little Maddox Ren came running in, tears streaming down her face and claiming she was going to be sick.  It came on so fast.  She was literally fine one moment and horribly ill the next.  
 We doctored her and nursed her through Thanksgiving Day and by Friday she was feeling a bit more like herself.  Thankfully, Ryan and the rest of the children were able to spend a few hours with his family while Maddox and I stayed behind and enjoyed some good quiet snuggle time on the couch.  
 The boys called as they were making their way back home....they were wanting to make a trip to Target Thanksgiving evening.  Though I wasn't 100% sure it was the best idea, I said yes.  We had such a great night, just the three of us, shopping and buying....and trying on things that we would never buy but were fun all the same.  
God reminded me this Thanksgiving to be thankful in all circumstances.  

No comments: