Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Babyland General

On this day, I traveled back to a favorite part of my childhood - The Cabbage Patch dolls!  
 I am pretty sure that our visit to Babyland General was 50% for my girls and 50% for me!  
 I had a Cabbage Patch original when I was a child.  She looked much like the blond doll in the picture below and her name was Cindy Renee.  I thought she was beautiful!  
 My baby dolls meant a lot to me....and I had a lot!  My grandaddy would always tease me about each one of them....I am positive he loved watching us enjoy our day from above!
 The girls were in awe!  There were babies everywhere and....
even Mother Cabbage made an appearance and birthed a baby girl!  The boys were doing ok until the birth occurred....at that point, they checked out, lol.
 Chapman loved picking up the babies and dancing around with them! 
 We finally found our sweet baby girl!  Maddox and Maryn decided on her name....Rosalinda.
 The adoption process at Babyland General was involved....the girls had to request to adopt and then they had to show they cared for the baby girl.
 Our adoption counselor was quite supportive and allowed the girls a moment to discuss their plans for Rosalinda.  
 Maryn felt as though the baby needed to be fed and Maddox could handle the rest!
 Finally, with all of the details in place, the girls took an oath to always care for Rosalinda!
 Such a cute, cute day with our crew!  Even on our more girlie days, we are so thankful for our boys who humor us and come along!  We treated them to Cheesecake Factory for dinner....not too shabby!

No comments: