Saturday, January 7, 2017

2016 At A Glance

2016
It began just right....
We were surrounded by my siblings and their families celebrating my father's birthday
My parents had a rough year with medical issues so reflecting back, I am thankful for this time of health with them - all is well now and we hope that 2017 lends a healthier hand....
 Maryn grew so much in 2016
Physically and mentally....
and comically
this one is a firecracker and she loves everything funny, and makeup of course!
 The girls convinced their daddy to be Father Christmas 
in their ballet performance of The Roar of Love....
 Colin turned 16 
I love surprises and this kiddo was pleasantly surprised by his VIP tix to see one of his favorite performers in concert....
 Noah came home! 
We were so excited to hug this little guy once more when he returned to America with his forever family!  
 Pryce turned 14
EEK.
He wrapped up his first semester of his last year of homeschooling in 2016....
we pray for big things to come in 2017 for this guy!
 From late January to the very first days of May, we worked all kinds of fast and furious to get our dossier to China.  Our entire family played a part in this process every step of the way!  This pic gives me chills to know that every.single.document in the carrier Maryn is holding contains a piece of the puzzle to bringing Chapman home forever!
 June brought on our annual Garden City beach trip which is always equipped with surprises from Gran!  The pirate attire did not disappoint!
 Our special friend Veronica came to visit us in June and July.
This lady is a gem in every sense of the word.
She fights for the orphans in China.
She has a heart of gold.
She is a treasure and we are thankful for our time with her!
 In July, we also continued to learn that Maddox really doesn't have bones....she is so bendable!
 Weekend at Bernie's
OR
Day at the Lake
 Our sweet Maddox 
Her tummy just gives her a fit at times....
 Thankfully, all tests turned out well and our girl was well on her way to celebrating her 7th birthday!
She loves a good birthday celebration and is currently reminding us daily that her 1/2 birthday is just around the corner!  
It was GO time to bring our littlest home from China!
Maryn enjoyed a leisure stroll on the Great Wall of China
 First glances of Chapman McKensie Drafts
August 29, 2016
 August brought on school too!
Colin dual enrolling in high school and the local university; Pryce homeschooling 8th grade; MK and Maddox at our local elementary school; Maryn in preschool....we have a constant revolving door with people going to school and coming home from school!
 September welcomed lots of smiles as we all got to know our Chapman!
 Chapman celebrated her 2nd birthday in China the day before we met her but we thought it would be fun to sing to her and celebrate her life with us in September!
 God works in mysterious ways....
In December of 2015, we gave the children a trip to Florida before we even knew about Chapman.  What a blessing this trip was for us!  Six weeks home and we headed out for a weeklong adventure to Disney!  Literally moments before we left, we were at the hospital completing tests and planning surgery for our sweet baby girl.  Mama needed this escape, the calm before the storm, the carefree moments of laughter that we all shared....it was good for my soul as it took my mind off of what was to come.
 October 19, 2016
What a sweet site it was to see this baby girl find her thumb.  
Her physical healing had begun....
 Throughout the year I saved quotes that people shared on FB....
this one hit home.  Saying NO is often so easy to do. 2016 taught Ryan and I both that obedience is saying YES even when it doesn't make sense.
 Thanksgiving at the Farm
It was a first for me, a first Thanksgiving at the farm without my Nannie.
I thought of her, how she would have loved the weather - it was a beautiful day! - how she would have loved having all of her family, extended and immediate members, present; how she would have adored Chapman - Chapman is the only child of mine that never had the opportunity to meet my Nannie.  I miss her and all of my grandparents each day - they were such an influence in my life, so many memories I shared with them!  I pray that my children have those same precious memories of their grandparents when they are my age!
 This little turkey!  
Our sweet Maryn.
She has embraced her big sisterhood so beautifully on some days while on other days she has wanted to just quit.  She adores Chapman but also makes it known that she was here first.  Bless.  We thank God each and every day for the gift that he brought to us in this little girl!
 2016
So many blessings
 Our Sensational Six
 This is a quote I copied and mediated over in early 2016....
 And one year later, I read it with confidence in knowing that we did the "impossible" and what a gift it has been in knowing that through our faith and trust in God, we were able to bring our sixth child home forever....she is here, she is loved, and it has been absolutely beautiful to see this little girl slowly unravel and become our very own baby girl Drafts!
 (PS....I smile sometimes when I think about those early days after we learned about Chapman....even the agency asked, "How are you going to do this?"....it was at that point that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt this baby girl was ours because I typed up an email so fast with a response so detailed that it made my own eyes spin...Chapman was our "impossible" yet she is here and I shudder when I think  we could have missed this!)




No comments: