Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Everything with Chapman has been a process.  She is precious in every aspect of the word and the more I get to know her, the more I fall in love.  Because I loved my time each evening with Maryn as she fell asleep on me during our first year home, I thought I would do the same thing with Chapman.  I looked forward to being able to hold her each night and have that moment of just me and her.  However, she let me know our first night in China that she would be going to bed alone and there was no need for her to be held.  She screamed, in fact, as I went to hold her in my arms before bed.  So, I stepped back and let her do things her way - she wanted to go to sleep on her on in her bed by herself.    Three months in, and this little girl LOVES to snuggle with mommy at night and just before her nap. She used to get so upset if I would sit down with her.  Now, she lays her head on my shoulder and we rock until she is either sound asleep or almost sound asleep.  And she will say, "Kiss" and "Hug" to be sure we do both before I put her in her bed.  Slowly, she is learning to be loved and to show love.  To think, we could have missed this.....my heart is so happy we didn't!

No comments: