Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Time For Thanksgiving

30 thankful thanks.
My husband.
My six children.
Our home.
My Parents - they have been our rock this past year as we pursued our little Miss Chapman.
My neighbors - aka, the village.
My church.
Homeschool and Greenbrier Elementary school and Greenbrier High school and Augusta University and Grace Baptist Preschool - honestly, I am thankful for school and the many choices we have for schooling our children.
Candy - specifically chocolate, I am a junkie.
Coke Zero - it is my coffee that keeps me running.
Adoption - the children of adoption, the friends we have made through our own adoptions, the adoption community, adoption agencies, social workers, advocates, foster parents....
Friends - old friends, new friends....
Doctors
Family Time - there is absolutely nothing more in the world that means as much to me as the time we spend together as a family....I am thankful for our little adventures, for the memories that are always made.....
Pizza - it is my comfort food.
China
Orphan Hosting Programs
Facebook - it allows me to stay tuned in to people that I have been honored to meet at some point in my life.
Dunkin Donuts - a good bagel with some strawberry cream cheese on the side....and maybe a munchkin to taste too!
The Beach
Fans that lull me to sleep
Music - it is my therapy.
Family Vacations
Grace - goodness knows we can always use a good dose of grace!
Finley - our little dog, he can drive me batty when he barks randomly but he sure is a sweet little guy and quite warm too!
Make-Up....the older I get, the more this stuff is just needed!
Clean Water....I drink a gallon each day!
Heat....and heated seats, and heated blankets, and heated showers!
Dishwashers...tis true I am not even allowed to operate ours BUT it is also true that this simple machine plays a major part in our everyday, first-world lives.  Feeding six children is no joke:)
My Sister....she is my go-to person, my person that will make me laugh when I don't even know what to laugh about.
My life.  I am thankful for my life, my dream come true.  I always wanted exactly what I have right now - a family of my own, children who call me "Mama" and a husband who gets me and loves me for me and all of my crazy ideas/thoughts/and dreams.



No comments: