Friday, November 6, 2015

China Mission Trip 2015

Many moons ago, while visiting Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC, I happened to spy a mother and her Chinese daughter as they admired the animals.  Her daughter reminded me very much of our little Maddox.  I went over and politely introduced myself and asked where her daughter was born.  To my surprise the mother answered, "Guizhou."  Guizhou is where our Maddox was born and it is where our Maddox was still waiting on this particular day.  We exchanged contact info and became Facebook friends and kept acquainted through these two methods of communication.  
Last year,  this mother, Brandi, traveled to China on a mission trip and I followed along.  Shortly after she returned, she announced she would be leading a mission trip to China in 2015.  I immediately told her I wanted more information and I felt called to join her.  Pryce and I soon signed up and the rest is history!

So, we have arrived in Beijing on our first mission trip ever!  We landed, and Pryce immediately dove into the Chinese culture and devoured duck during our first meal here.  We are traveling with 12 other adults and as I type, it is SNOWING.  YIKES!  Our real mission begins on Sunday when we travel to be in an orphanage for the rest of our stay. We are thankful for this opportunity and look forward to seeing our purpose revealed during our time here!  

Today will be spent on the Great Wall of China.....in SNOW - Brrr!  
                                                                       

No comments: