Monday, August 5, 2013

My Girls

Maddox, age 4, and MK, age 6.
I remember very clearly when the boys were these same ages.  Their games of police and bus driver, they were inseparable and their ideas and laughter were endless.
My girls are the same way.
They begin each day waiting for the other one to wake up.  And then the games begin!  Currently I am listening to them play.  We SHOULD be doing school according to our daily schedule.  However, I am  caught in listening to their tales of play.  Maddox just announced to her Mommy, aka MK, that she is going to go to Africa to pick up her baby, Candy Bar.
Goldilocks is in the game too.  Goldilocks, MK's beloved Asian Carolle doll with jet black hair.
And MK has gone from being Mommy to being "Dr. Mei-Mei."
And shots are being administered.  And awards are being promised for the "most obedient."
And laughter ensues.
And I am left here smiling knowing that memories are being made.

No comments: