Monday, August 26, 2013

A quick synopsis of our week....

  • Maddox started preschool on Monday.  When asked if she was excited to go, her response made me a bit nervous.  She said, "Nope.  I am not going to school today.  I am staying with my mommy."  And she said it so matter-of-fact.  So we went about our morning and when it was time to go to school, she climbed in the car, buckled up, sang on the way, we arrived, I took a picture, she walked in and never looked back.  When I picked her up she said, "Mommy, I had a great day at school.  I am going to go everyday!"  And she has been super excited to go each morning!  
  • And the rest of our week has been consumed by our second fundraiser to bring Mary-Gentry home - Boutique Consignment/Consigning to Adopt.  I did the rack sweep by dashing from one friend's house to the next to collect hanging racks that everyone graciously donated; I tagged clothing; I moved the majority of our furniture from our piano room and living room into our bedroom; welcomed almost 40 consignors into our home; organized clothing; sent out reminders for the sale; blew up FaceBook with status updates on the sale; and, finally, it was sale time!  A steady flow of shoppers came in and out of our home Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!  Some were familiar faces, some were total strangers, all were showing their love for a little girl, our little girl. She is already loved by so many!  
  • One perk in doing this sale is that we get to promote adoption.  Our hope is to use the proceeds each season from this sale to assist in bringing other waiting children home in the future!
  • And in the midst of it all, my children were a bit neglected - they were fed, schooled, driven to practices, read to, etc., but not in our "normal" way of operation.  MK asked, "Mom, when are things going to get back to normal?"  I was feeling a bit guilty, knowing that I have not given them 100%, and I responded, "Soon baby, real soon.  I promise on Monday we will get back to our routine."  She looked at me with a bit of a grin and said, "Really?  You mean we can go back to having ice cream and dessert this Monday?  Awesome, I thought we had to wait until September!" And with that she skipped off!  Did I mention that our family gave up sweets for the month of August???? 

No comments: