Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Tonight I received my Mother's Day gift.  It did not come in a package.  It wasn't all glittery and full of glamour.  To the naked eye, it would seem as if it wasn't a gift at all.  But to me, it was PERFECT.  A game of baseball with my husband and children.  What began as a simple walk to the neighborhood park, ended in us teaming up, boys against girls, with Ry being the all-time-pitcher.  And there you have it, my gift.  Time with my children.  Happiness.  Laughter.  Good, wholesome fun.  Cheering each other on.  And when it was over, each of them said, at different times, something to the effect of how we should do it all over again soon.  And in the middle of it all, we spotted a little bunny.  Maddox wanted a closer look, so we snuck over to its little nook.  Maddox looked at it and said, "Aww, he misses his mommy and his sister and his brother and his daddy.  He need a family.  Hey, I know, we can be his family.  We can give him food."  Of course, I thought of our little girl who is out there waiting on us, her parents and her sisters and her brothers to love her.  We pray that she is being held tight and loved on until we can hold her in our arms forever!

No comments: