Thursday, February 14, 2013

Today Maddox and I were in Target getting last minute supplies for Valentines Day.  She was squirmy.  She began going through my purse and wanted my lipstick so she could apply it to her face.  I told her no several times.....the last time she put on lipstick, I left the store with her looking like she was ready to join the circus.  So I was firm and told her no.  She protested.  She looked at me with those big brown eyes, tears and all, and said, "God no like meean."  I was shocked.  I thought she said, "God not like me" to which I was wondering exactly what she was learning in church.  I questioned her and she said it a second time only this time she clearly said, "God not like mean."  And I said, "Who is mean?" and I wasn't shocked when she said, "You being mean to me.  God not like that." This, all over lipstick. Needless to say, the Target worker who overheard the entire conversation was giggling under her breath.  Me, I of course apologized to Maddox for being "mean" but explained to her that it was my job to teach her obedience because God does like obedience....I am sure it went over her head but the remainder of our trip was much more pleasant.

No comments: