Friday, December 21, 2012

Ryan and I began the weekend with a night out and a little Christmas gift exchange.....only the gifts were gag gifts that the boys immediately took a liking to.  
 And then it was time for family.  My grandmother, aka my Nannie, is 92 years old.  All five of her children gathered together on Sunday to celebrate the season with their mother.  
 She is a beautiful lady, one that took such time with me when I was growing up.  It wasn't the gifts she gave, it was the time she spent reading to me - my dad often reminds me of her when he reads; it was the meals she cooked - forget the meals, the biscuits rocked and still do!; the advice she has given me over the years, the notes she still writes....
 On Monday, Pryce finished up his art project - a canvas of Bethlehem.  It could not be more perfect!
 With a rainy night about us, Monday proved to be our gingerbread house evening.....the boys worked together - my little engineers pondering their decor.  
 While the boys had a plan, the girls did too.....
 CANDY!  Their plan was to see just how much candy they could get on their one little house.....no rhyme or reason, just slap it on the house and move on.....
 I cherish these times when all four are happily at work together, laughing, sharing and creating memories....
 On Tuesday we had some of the boys' friends over for an afternoon of basketball, albeit one hand basketball for C, and decorating cookies.....the boys were very mindful of their decor, each taking their icing and placing it precisely how they wished it to be, each taking their candies and creating an edible masterpiece.....
 Meanwhile, our little angel was hard at work too:)  Please note her left hand....almost looks like she is wearing a white glove.  Nope.  All ICING.  
 The end result....and please understand, I was in the same room, busy at work myself, and yet she quietly created her own masterpiece on our kitchen table.  
Her handprints are done so well, don't you think?  Very defined.  This little one never ceases to amaze me.  She is full of spice and love and sweetness and I just relish in the fact that I get to be her mother!

No comments: