Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Manners Song

MK announced the other day that she wanted to sing a song for me titled The Manners Song.  We were in the car, of course I was driving and really not tuning totally in to what she was singing at first.....and then I heard this:

.....don't think if your mother can be mean.  She loves you.  She does.
She wants to teach you even if she is mad, she knows best.  She does.
If you get lost she will find you.  She will.
If she is mad you don't need to cry - she is teaching you.
It's her job.  She loves you.
She always does.  And you must listen to learn your manners.
She will teach you cause she loves you.
The end.  The end.

MK is our "say whatever is on your mind" child.  If she is thinking it, she is usually saying it.  Hearing this song just made me laugh.  Usually when I correct her, she does, understandably, get upset - she does not like to do wrong.  I then tell her that my job is to teach and guide her to make wise choices, to use kind words, to share, etc.  And I always end by telling her how much I love her.  Glad to see she is getting the message!


No comments: