Sunday, April 15, 2012

Clemson

It was a Clemson sort of weekend! Our family, though we do not all root for the same orange team, always loves a good day in Clemson. Saturday began with a bit of tailgating.....
then it was time for a bit of spring training with the pros....
the girls just enjoyed time out in the sun, beautiful sun. What a perfect day!
Mason-Kate wasn't interested in too much. The orange just puts her in a foul mood. Friday night as I was putting her to bed, she looked at me and said, "So tomorrow is for the boys, right? Cause you know they love Clemson. Mommy, I don't like Clemson. I am just going to take my bunny and go to sleep while we are there." Spoken like a true SC fan! Gotta love that I have one kiddo on my side!
Meanwhile, Maddox was busy looking for the Tiger. She LOVED him and wasn't scared in the least to wave to him or shake his hand.
The girls did super during the baseball and football games which made for a great time for all of us!
Sunday we decided to stay home for church which brought back memories of my grandparents....I can remember calling my grandmother and grandfather to check on them and I would ask what they had been up to. They would always say they had been to church if I called on a Sunday. And they did go to church - in their living room! There were many Sundays that they were just tired or sick and could not get out. When we found out that our church was going to go live on Sunday mornings to bring church to those who were homebound or lost, we had to show our support in honor of my grandparents. How I miss these two and wish so often that I could share my life with them now!
Following our living room worship, the boys headed off for an afternoon of golf.....
and the girls headed out for an afternoon of tennis. What fun these two had!
In the midst of our fun-filled weekend, we had another friend in tow - Maddox's potty. Yes, she is potty training! And she is doing so great! 5th day and she is now telling us when she needs to go potty and she is staying accident free! YAY! So proud of this little munchkin! The boys are down to 12 more days of school and they could not be more excited! Baseball and golf are in full swing as is tennis! MK is finishing up her pre-k 4 year and is so excited about going to Kindergarten next year! All is well and for this, we are thankful!

No comments: