Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MK

*Last night we were watching Pryce play basketball. There was an Asian boy playing on the other team. MK shouted, "Hey, look, that boy is CHINESE!" We acknowledged her excited statement and continued to cheer for Pryce. A bit later she looked at Ryan and said, "Dad, I know where that Chinese boy came from!" Ryan asked, "Where?" and MK stood up and pointed to this Asian man behind us and said, "He came from him, that guy! That is his daddy!"

*The other night as I was putting MK to bed she said, "Mommy, don't tell daddy, but something very scary happened to me at school today." I said, "What?" She said, "I got chased by a BOY!" (Giggle, giggle, giggle) I said, "Was that scary?" She said, "Well, that is my favorite game ever! I think Daddy will think it is a scary game though."

MK went for her annual cleft team appointment today. It was another one of those "lets just wait another year and see" kind of appointments. So glad for their annual assessments and their diligence in tracking her progress. Of course, I left a bit weary of what is to come, ie, the headgear, the facemask, the possible speech therapies because of said headgear and facemasks, the breaking of the jaw possibilities, not to mention her next surgery in two years.....yikes! For today, we live in the "now" and she is happy, healthy and loved by many!

No comments: