Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day 2011. Labor Day will be one of my family's memories of growing up for two reasons. One, our nephew and cousin celebrates his birthday every year on this holiday. Two, part of the birthday celebration is going to the annual Chapin Labor Day parade in my hometown. MK said it best when she announced, "Mommy, that parade we went to was the funnest one ever in my life!"
The children are just about all old enough now to know the "Ready, Set, Go!" routine of the parade. Once the floats begin to appear on the route, all children must get their candy bags prepped for loading up on the gobs of candy they acquire during the one hour long display. It truly is amazing the amount of candy each child leaves with each year!
C is getting a bit older. In fact, today he celebrated his "half birthday," much to my dismay :( He is now 11 AND 1/2. I know, right?! Great for him, going by too fast for me. Alas, in this stage of his life, he has chosen to take a liking for coffee. And who better to share a cup of joe with but his Gran.
With the parade in full swing, the kiddos took their spots.....
and waved to the passers by.....
and clapped for a job well done!
(I love this pic. I could publish a story on this pic alone - it tells so much. Look at the faces. The anticipation. The conversations. Just makes me smile to see it and imagine the thoughts that were taking place at the moment this shot was snapped.)

And this special day occurs every year because of this special little guy. Happy 4 years Jay-man!

***One more MK comment. I asked her what her favorite part of the parade was and she said, "I LOVED those girls what was pretty!" AKA, the pageant/beauty queens. I love that she is sooo very girly!

No comments: