Friday, June 3, 2011

Buy a child?

There are fees when adding a child to your family, no matter how you look at - hospital/dr. fees in having a biological child, legal fees when adopting a child. One cannot "buy" a child. A friend of a friend told me today how she was so glad to finally meet me and my children. I said my thank yous and waved my goodbyes. As we were walking out, she said, "I tell **** all the time that I wish they would let us buy one but they probably wouldn't because we're too old!" For the record, we did not "buy" our girls. Our girls stole our hearts and we would have it no other way. All of the fees, donations and travel expenses can never add up to the joy that our girls have added and will continue to add to our family. Pryce said it best today when he yelled, in reference to his sisters, "Hey mom, I think they picked just the right ones for us!"

No comments: