Thursday, March 24, 2011

We made it to Hong Kong! We arrived via train in Hong Kong. The kids LOVED the ride. The adventure began (as predicted) when we gathered all of our many bags together and departed the train station in Hong Kong. For smaller families, taxis are a great option for transportation. However, when traveling with a larger family and their many bags, taxis are not such a great option. So, we haled two cabs. Two for our large family. In the midst of a bit of confusion, we decided with another family that we could all travel together in two cabs. Four adults, six children....and, their many, many bags all bungy-corded to the trunks of these two cars. I jump into the front seat of cab number 1, four children, a stroller and a few bags in the back seat. The driver asks, "Where you go?" I tell him the name of our hotel. He says, "What is that? What is the name of your hotel?" Again, I tell him and he looks at me as if I have two heads. Meanwhile, Ryan, the two other adults and the two other children are all snuggled into their cab. Lo and behold, there is a bag sitting curbside.....of course, it is OUR bag, imagine. So I jump out as the police officer is yelling at our cab driver to move, the cab driver tells me to get in and that is when I noticed.....Playboy. I am in a cab with four small children and Playboy is the advertisement on the side of this car. Great. We grab the bag, add it to our bungy-corded other bags and speed off. I asked the driver if he figured out where we were going and he says, "Yes, yes, of course, you want to go to the airport." AGH. No, we wanted to go to our hotel. I tell him to follow Ryan's cab. He didn't like this idea until I mentioned to him that he needed to follow the cab with our group because I didn't have any money....aha, now he was listening. So, we follow. The kids in the back are laughing and more than enjoying their harum scarum ride through Hong Kong. About midway, they break out in the discussion of their favorite Bible heros and then they begin to sing Christian radio songs at the top of their lungs. So, our last night in China I spent riding in a Playboy advertising cab with four young children singing Christian songs, witnessing to one soul who could very well be lost. Until later....

1 comment:

Mara said...

I'm sure you guys are home by now. Welcome back! Hope the jet lag goes easy on you. I really think that's the hardest part of the trip. Congratulations again! You have a beautiful family!