Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Day With The Boys

Sunday was a day for me and the boys. I spend so much time with them, teaching and mothering. It leaves little time for play. And I like to play. So we all went to church, and then it was time for some fun! First stop, a local restaurant that the boys have been dying to go to. After inhaling the melt-in-your-mouth croissants and finishing them off with a few chicken tenders, it was off to play laser tag. The boys are experienced in this game. Me, not so much. We got suited up and we were off. During our 30 minute jaunt inside this tagroom, I finally realized how to hide and seek. There was screaming, laughter and a lot of "your vest has now been deactivated" going on between the three of us. Following our inside attacks, the boys announced they wanted to ride the bumper boats. The staff tried to discourage us saying it was cold and we were going to get wet. I smiled as I thought to myself, "It is ok. It isn't THAT cold. The boys really want to do this. We won't get wet - we won't bump into one another THAT hard. It will all be ok." Then, as the worker boy was prepping our boats, he said, "Let me find three that have good water pressure for the spraying." Whatt???? Admittedly so, I started out telling the boys to go easy on their old mom, we had church to go to that evening. Then, I turned into the bad guy/fun guy....it was quite entertaining to squirt them with the way too cold water and hear their squeals of laughter. And squeal they did until they would get this look of determination on their faces, each of them, and the favor was returned - I got soaked, not once but many, many times and we all three laughed and plotted against each other the entire time. Next visit, I am going to request a faster getaway boat! Needless to say, our time together was enjoyed by all. I love the moments that I have with them where we can all just laugh freely, talk openly and just be.

Meanwhile, Ryan took MK for a little date. Ryan asked her, "Mason-Kate, what do you think we should do today?" She said, "Well, daddy, look at my fingers, they need to be painted!" I do say, she is all about feeling pretty!

No comments: