Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Yes, I FORGOT!

Every Tuesday is our co-op day for homeschool. And every Tuesday during co-op, Ryan comes to get MK, dresses her in her ballet clothes and off they go to her ballet class. The only thing that does not happen every week is the ballet class Fall party. But this week, lo and behold, they had their Fall blast and we were not prepared. Ryan called me and quietly said, "Uh, can you come over here real quick? It's MK's Fall party day and all of the parents get to watch!" Of course, she didn't know any different. She didn't realize that everyone else came in all dressed up in their best Halloween decor. She didn't seem to be fazed by the fact that everyone else brought in a special treat to be shared with her classmates. Nope, not our MK. Instead, she got all dressed up in a, sigh, borrowed costume from the dance studio. And she pranced right into her classroom with the biggest of smiles on her sweet little face. And she danced. And she twirled. And she galloped. And she twirled some more. And she jumped. And she spoke in French, words that I have no clue as to what they mean. And she smiled. And she was so, so happy to have all of her family there to watch - mommy, daddy, and her boys. In her world, she had no idea how sorry I was that I forgot about her special party. I laughed as I remembered how we recorded every minute of Colin's music class at this age, not missing a moment. And here we are with our third child and we can't even remember the event! My how things change from child to child.

No comments: