Monday, March 29, 2010

The Talking MK

MK always talks. Always. And if she isn't talking, she is singing loudly. We were in the car on Saturday and she was doing her usual singing, talking routine that turned into, "Mom, mom.....MOMMYYYY." I said, "What MK?" and with a little grin on her face she said, "I talk too much!"

On the way to church, MK said, "I dying for drink, Mommy." I ignored her as I always do the first time when she doesn't ask with her manners. She said again, "Mommmmmyyyy, I dying for drink!" I sat there thinking good grief you are only three and you are telling me you are "dying" for something to drink.....I just don't remember the boys using such strong phrases at the age of three. I calmly said, "Mason-Kate you need to ask nicely." She said, "Please, I dying for drink!" Throwing the "please" in there was her asking nicely but not exactly what we were looking for - we did laugh though.

We were doing MK's homework last night. She has a folder with different pages of words and pictures she is supposed to say. She likes to turn the pages by herself. Out of habit, I went to turn the page when we finished the first one and she said with a huff, "Mommy, I am three. I can do this." OK.

I went to pick her up from Sunday School. I noticed some black stuff all over her face, mainly around her lip area. I said, "Mason-Kate, you must have eaten something really yummy today." Her teacher replied, "Oh no, there were four of them who decided to use the crayons as their very own make-up." We are positive that MK was the instigator. She very proudly showed me how they used crayons on their faces to apply their make-up on their lips, their foreheads and their cheeks....the same spots that we had applied make-up the night before for her performance.

No comments: