Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ryan was putting the boys to bed tonight and I walked in on the tail-end of their conversation. The only words I heard were "not a good idea" and "I think it may hurt", both statements were coming from Ryan's mouth, said in a nice but stern kind of manner. Pryce, noticing the concerned look on my face, said, "Mom, we were just talking about firing people out of cannons and how that would feel and stuff. You know they do that in the circus and I may want to be in the circus one day." I didn't dare laugh. I simply reiterated my rule to him - the rule that says you can do whatever you want to do AFTER you go to college and get your degree. He just looked at me and smiled his sweet little, very loose tooth smile, and said, "Don't worry mom, I have a lot of years to think about all of that!"

No comments: