Friday, November 6, 2009



Long bullet post, anyone?
  • Monday - normal, school for boys at home, school for MK away from home, piano, and home. Normal.
  • Tuesday - Happy 1/2 Birthday to Pryce! 7 1/2, wow! He was up bright and early awaiting his special day festivities. No cake for breakfast. Instead, he was served a pile of pancake halves with a Kiss on top as a substitute.....the 1/2 cookie cake came later in the day with his friends at co-op. He topped his day off with a southwest night out for dinner - his choice - and a boyscout meeting with friends! Now, in between his festivities, something else occurred. There is a little girl in our home who is 2. She is usually a diaper wearing 2 year old but on Tuesday she had a change of heart. P, MK and I were at a bookstore while C was doing a writing class. MK had a rather large, full diaper on. I decided to take it off though I did not have another diaper with me in the store. I knew she would be ok until we could make it back to the car. She was. Thing is, I FORGOT to put a diaper back on her! She was wearing a cute little monogrammed diaper cover without the diaper! So, we went to co-op, I took her to her class - yes, diaperless! I left. Two and a half hours later I went to pick her back up and she is wearing a summer outfit. I inquired as to why. Their response, "Well, she was going potty and her dress was a little too long and it got wet. She has done great, though, with the potty. She went several times!" At this point, I realized she had gone to co-op minus the diaper and I figured we may as well try our hand at potty training!
  • Wednesday - Up bright and early. Abandoned school for the day. The boys were off to a friends house to play while Ryan and I took Mason-Kate to the hospital for her one year check up with our local cleft team. All in all, a good report. Palate has healed great. No mention of a fistula. It is long enough. Her air flow is good. No nasal sounds. This means nothing to those who do not have a cleft child. But for those who do, she looks good. Her lower jaw is growing at a faster rate than her upper jaw - not a shocker as this is common with cleft children. The shocker was when they told us she would do orthodontic work prior to her next surgery. We had never heard this one mentioned before. We knew orthodontics would be involved obviously but we assumed that would be after her bone graft surgery. Oh well, they will guide us. Her speech is good. Her ears are good. All looked good. They even gave us an option to see them in two years versus one.....I declined their offer. I like to check in, so we will see them in a year. Following her appt., we picked up the boys and headed to the grand opening of Publix. This is not a biggy for some but it is HUGE for me! I am in love with this grocery store and what their ice cream selection has to offer to my own palate. The boys declared this the best day ever when they were allowed to buy a hot dog and a drink for the mere cost of $1.oo. Did I mention that the new Publix is only a mile and 1/2 from our house - YAY! It really is the small things that make the world go around!
  • Thursday - Normal. Busy. Fun. Day.
  • Friday - That is today. We are off to spend some time with my grandmother who turned 89 years old yesterday!

No comments: