Thursday, May 21, 2009

Moments

Yesterday MK and I were driving to our destination. Along the way, there were, of course, stoplights that needed to be obeyed. At one particular stop light, we sat, and sat, and still sat....it wasn't because the light was red, it was because the guy in front of us was on his cell phone, not paying attention....this irked me a tad seeing as I was supposed to be somewhere soon. So, I proceeded to beep the horn, a short beep, a calm beep, the kind that says "Kindly pay attention, please, and GO!" MK immediately asked me, in all of her MK curiousness, if I had beeped the horn. And I agreed with her that I had. So we go to my appt. and then we leave. MK asked for the "hello" aka my cell phone and she wanted to call daddy. Daddy was called, he didn't answer so MK left him this message: "Daddy, daddy, mommy, beep-beep, mommy, beep-beep truck....love you, bye".....she was telling on me!

Most evenings Pryce and I will rock together and read a book. He has gotten so fluent with reading that it amazes me sometimes how well he can do it. Anyway, last night we read. We finished and he asked me if I would rock him....I, of course, agreed. So we rocked, and rocked and rocked. Out of the blue he looked up at me and asked "Do you REALLY want another baby?".....so I went into the "when I was growing up" mode and shared with him that for whatever reason I had always wanted to be a mother to four children, always. (I am a middle child so I always said no to three children - this part I didn't share with him being that he is the middle child and I do not want to put ideas into his head :) Ryan and I agreed when we married that we would do even numbers, 2 or 4. ) I went onto explain that in my perfect little growing up mind I also planned that I would have 2 boys and 2 girls. Pryce's eyes lit up and he asked "so when are we going back to China to get little Theresa?"....."Theresa? Pryce, who is Theresa?" I asked. Pryce, in a very matter of fact way, answered, "Oh, yeah, Theresa...that is the name that I have always wanted for a little sister."

2 comments:

Donna said...

So does this mean you are on the journey now to find Theresa?!?!? Oh do tell please...

Beth and Ryan said...

Not yet....