Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lucky 13

Last weekend Ryan and I enjoyed watching Colin's basketball game with one of our closest friends whose daughter happens to be a part of the same team. He stated that his birthday was Friday, February 13. I said, "ughhh" just because the number 13 is not one that I tend to associate with good things. However, he smiled and said, "yeah, I am deeming it the lucky 13". With that, he smiled, the game was over and we went our separate ways. One week later, we are rejoicing that our dear friend is alive! Yesterday, Friday, February 13, as he was driving to begin a family vacation, he suffered from symptoms similar to that of a heart attack - that is what he is being treated for at this time. The doctors told him that he was lucky to be alive after having an astonishing heart rate of 278 upon arrival at the hospital. Lucky 13 it will be from here on out! They have three small children and one very strong mother who was, understandably, very broken yesterday. Brandon is currently in ICU awaiting further testing. Please keep them in your prayers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be praying my friend!

Anonymous said...

Beth, it was good to see you briefly at the movies. Your friend and I share the same birthday! I pray that he is doing better! Kari