Thursday, December 11, 2008

Funny Stuff

Our elf, Matthew, chose to hide on top of my cookbook that is displayed in our kitchen. I was joking around with the boys and I stated that I thought maybe Matthew was trying to tell us he was hungry???? That led to the conversation of exactly what do elves eat? Pryce stated very confidently that he was sure elves liked fish. Colin immediatley questioned this and he announced that there was no way Matthew could eat fish because all of the water was frozen in the North Pole, so how in the world could Matthew like fish? Pryce came back very quickly with, "Matthew has magic powers, Colin. If Matthew wants fish, he just flies by a store on his way home and gets his fish!"



Speaking of food, Pryce's job in the morning is to feed Finley. It worries him if Finley chooses not to eat his food right away. So in order to avoid worrying, Pryce has started making trails with pieces of dog food from the door of our laundry room over to Finley's bowl. Finley likes this game and always participates in eating each piece until he makes it to his bowl. I think it is so cute because Pryce works very diligently on making the trail to the bowl and he talks to Finley while he lays each piece of food precisely where it needs to go. Cute, a boy and his dog.



And lastly, I have to write about my husband. He makes me laugh. Every night after the children are in bed, Ryan will make me a cup of ice cream. I could do this myself but I prefer him to do it because he always gives me more than I would give myself, and he gives me a second serving (I would not be that generous to myself). I like to combine frozen yogurt (Moose Tracks) and ice cream (normally a flavor from Brusters). Well, apparently the freezer was experiencing an ice cream overload. Instead of Ryan questioning why in the world we have so many boxes of ice cream in our freezer, he chose a more subtle approach. He placed all of the ice cream containers from our freezer in a line and took a picture. Then, he just waited for me to respond, knowing very well that I would see the picture on our camera when I went to take a picture of something else. His point was made.

And here's MK posing by the tree this morning......

No comments: