Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Little Things

Again, this is a post for me, one that will make me remember the little triumphs with MK. Today we went for a photo session. Our photographer has been with us since Colin was born 8 1/2 years ago. He is fabulous! Six months ago he had his hands full with Mason-Kate. She cried, she screamed, she was just pitiful....and all the while, I was frustrated because I had never experienced anything like this with the boys. Colin and Pryce have always performed in front of the cameras and especially for Mr. Mike. Not MK though, not six months ago. Mike and his assistant kept trying to tell me how ok it was and reminding me that she had been through so much in such a short amount of time....this I knew but it was hard to understand. This morning, six months later, she was quite the performer for Mr. Mike. She smiled, she fixed her hands how she was told, she laughed, she sat down, she stood up (stood still even) in one place, she played with the bubbles, she played peek-a-boo, she talked....she had a good time! She is secure, she is not scared, she knows she is loved and she knows we will care for her, she trusts us. I did not "get it" six months ago but today I do.

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

That means so much more than a cute picture! Heartwarming for that little sweet girl