Saturday, October 4, 2008

Emma Turns 4



Four years ago, my sister, who always told others that she wasn't going to have children, gave birth to a baby girl, Emma. One of my favorite memories of that time in our lives was when Pryce and I drove to their house from Florida to meet little Emma. She was a week old. Pryce was 2 1/2. We bathed in hand sanitizer and Pryce sat on the couch to hold little baby Emma. I thought I would let him hold her first because he was two and he would tire quickly of holding a sweet, sleeping baby. Instead, Pryce cradled her in his arms and every time I asked to hold her he would tell me "shhhh, baby is sweeping." Thus began our life with little Emma. She is the one who prepared my boys for their own little sister, Mason-Kate. As for my sister, she now has a son, Jay, too....so the one who said "no" to children now has two of her own and works as a nurse in the NICU....so much for no children! Anyway, we spent yesterday at a farm near their house and celebrated Emma's fourth birthday. It was a great day for all of us!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a precious post!