Friday, September 5, 2008

Random Happenings

  • I received an email from a lady who adopted a baby girl from China in May. The baby girl is from Chongqing, cleft affected, has eyes like MK - big and beautiful, lives not too far from us and her dad is a Clemson grad just like Ry. Even more amazing is that the lady works at the college I graduated from years and years and years ago! Of course, I will add that she works in the math dept. and she was even working there when I was a student. Unfortunately, I am sure we have never met before as math is not my forte!
  • Colin has Clemson football on his mind. Yesterday on the way to school, we were saying our prayers as we always do. I prayed a special prayer for Ryan's uncle Fred who was in a bad car accident and is bed ridden for at least 8 weeks - the entire football season pretty much. Fred is a man that has never, ever missed a Clemson game....ever, and he is 76ish years old. He takes pleasure in corrupting my boys with Clemson paraphernalia! Anyway, when I finished my prayer, Pryce asked how Fred was going to get to his next doctor appt. I explained to him that the red and white limo (ambulance) had been arranged to transport Fred to his doctor. Colin quickly corrected me and said that actually ambulances were ORANGE and WHITE, just like the Clemson colors so Fred would be in good hands.
  • Mason-Kate is just cute, that is all I really have to say about her....she is just cute. Ryan and I have a little competition going on lately trying to get her to say "I love my mama" or "I love my dada"....instead of her saying either of our names, she will say "I...I...mmmm GEGE" with a huge smile on her face while she claps for herself. She can say mama and dada but she chooses to say "gege"....that is actually the word for brother in Chinese so I am thinking she is just trying to keep the peace!

No comments: