Monday, April 7, 2008

First Mishap

Murphy's Law always lurks around us....I stated to Ryan several days ago that I was not the least bit concerned about MK choking....after all, we have had her three weeks today and she has eaten everything we have given to her, big and small....I practically pureed the boys food until last year for fear of them choking but with MK I had this mindset that she did not need everything cut into fine little pieces....well, that mindset is a thing of the past as of lunchtime today....Ryan's mom was here with me thankfully as I sat and talked while feeding MK her lunch....suddenly she started to gag, or what I thought was gagging, and then I realized that she was doing much more than that and could not breathe....Mrs. Drafts and I both jumped up, me staring helplessly into those big brown eyes of MK's as Mrs. Drafts attempts to pick her up out of the chair....she was still strapped in so we both started to undo the locks....at some point, I do remember asking Mrs. Drafts if she knew what to do....I know what to do when it isn't my child of course....luckily MK started to cry and we all three breathed a sigh of relief....actually MK cried for awhile but that was the best cry I have heard yet! On a side note, we had another successful bath time tonight....she played for a long time without any tears....she was splashing and laughing....we are so thankful that she is beginning to enjoy the water!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Beth! I know that was scary.

She is AMAZING!! I can't wait to meet her. I have really enjoyedd reading your blog. I check it every night before bed. Hope to talk to you soon.

~Sally